State Representative Deanne Mazzochi (R-Elmhurst) is joining a group of DuPage County State Representatives and Senators through the entire month of September to help Loaves & Fishes obtain personal care items.
Loaves & Fishes is a not-for-profit food pantry that feeds up to 800 DuPage County families per week. Last year it served 7,607 children and 1,238 senior citizens. Families in need can shop for free in a grocery store-like setting. According to Loaves & Fishes President and CEO Mike Havala, the pantry is experiencing a shortage of personal care items to supplement the food staples families need.
“We are very grateful to the DuPage County Representatives and Senators for their collection of personal care items,” said Havala. “Having these essential items offers added dignity to struggling families and individuals.”
“It is a pleasure to work with my fellow DuPage lawmakers on this very worthwhile endeavor,” said Mazzochi. “Loaves & Fishes provides a critical service to many DuPage families, and I am glad to provide my legislative office as a drop-off site for donations.”
According to Havala, items needed include diapers and wipes, laundry detergent, toilet paper, shampoo, toothpaste and household cleaning products.
Those who wish to donate may drop items off at the following legislative offices:
- State Rep. Peter Breen- 929 S. Main St. Suite 105A, Lombard, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm M-F
- State Senator Michael Connelly- 552 S. Washington St., Suite 104, Naperville, 8:00 am to 5:00pm M-F
- State Senator John Curran- 7501 South Lemont Road, Suite 315, Woodridge, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm M-F (please call prior to drop off)
- State Rep. Jim Durkin- 16W281 83rd St. Burr Ridge, 8:30am to 5:00 pm M-F
- State Rep. Deanne Mazzochi- 1 S. Cass Avenue, Suite 205, Westmont, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm M-F
- State Senator Jim Oberweis- 959 Oak Street, North Aurora, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm M-Th, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm F
- State Rep David Olsen- 633 Rogers Street, Suite 108, Downers Grove, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm M-F (please call prior to drop off)
- State Rep. Grant Wehrli- 55 S. Main Street, Suite 383, Naperville, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm M-Th
- State Rep. Christine Winger- One Tiffany Pointe, Suite G3, Bloomingdale, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm M-F